• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ABS Removal

oldmopars

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 MJ with the 2.5l. I work on the side for a guy that owns a used car lot. He buys wrecked XJs all the time at a local aution. He just bought one that I fixed for $240. All it needed was a grill, bumper and headlight bezel. He currently has 6 XJs 88-96.
Anyway, I want to convert my MJ over to a 4.0l. He agreed to buy one for me(I'll pay him) and I will use it for parts.
I told him to get anything with a 4.0l. However, should he come up with one that has the ABS system, can I remove it from the harness fairly easy?
My plan it to just use the whole wiring harness. I know I will have to change the tail light wires, but the whole harnes swap seems the best bet.
So, to remove the ABS, will this screw thins up?
I told him to avoid ABS, but I will take what I can get. I hate to turn down a 91+ with the HO just because it has ABS.
Any input would be great.

Scott
87 MJ 2.5l

Back