• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Cage is done, what do you not like, suggestions.

I got my cage done, though I dont like how it flows, I think it looks cluttered, and alittle over done.

I think I will remover the single vertical bar on the front window and replace it with an inverted V made from smaller 1in tube.

The whole cage is 2in HREW 120 wall.

Im not sure I like the V on the rear roof section over the back seats.
Im also not sure I like the almost vertical bar that goes right behind the rear seats.

The back was dove tailed 12in, and I will make wheel wells in back once I get afew more things done.

I also dont like the sliders I made, they get Seriously hung up on stuff. I want to cut the bottom half of the doors off and make a new slider up there, that would be like 18-20 taller then it is now. It would be about a 45 degree angle down to the frame...

download.php

download.php

download.php

I'm diggin' on it fer sure.

looks well thought out, looks like more than adequate protection.

I think you should paint it bright lime green!

Stout! :greensmok
Did you build one for the kids crawler too? :rof:

It looks awesome!!! The only thing left to do is go out and see if it works!!! Have fun!!!

Dude your cage looks like something out of Hollywood...looks awesome. It might be overdone, but looks sharp...once again good work!

XJguy

Beezil said:
I'm diggin' on it fer sure.

looks well thought out, looks like more than adequate protection.

I think you should paint it bright lime green!

Today I painted a section olive drab green the same as the body. That really made it look better. All thay shiny unpainted tube makes it look buzzy. I think painting it the same color as the body will help.

How about bending some tube to follow the wheelwells? Might make the exo-sides more complete. Looks extremely heavy-duty!! :) That's a hell of a lot of tube bending!

Looks great! I dont think you should change anything on the roof or widshield bar. I would however move the verticals inside the tailights to the corner & bend a nice radius then fit an LED tailight there. You dont really need the stockers anymore. Then bend up some fender tubes and bob the fenders flat forward & back, let the tube make your wheelwell arch.

Looks damn stout, good work!

Not enough triangulation. :D

Where does the beer cooler go?

Is Ashman your name? Did you have a sticker cut so you wouldn't forget it?

:D

CRASH

CRASH said:
Not enough triangulation. :D

Where does the beer cooler go?

Is Ashman your name? Did you have a sticker cut so you wouldn't forget it?

:D

CRASH
Never engouh,

Back seat,

yes,

Im not gonna put "rancho", "warn", "good year", brand stickers on something I built. Its brand "ASHMAN" head to toe so that's what it says :D

Last edited:
Back