• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yes! Got coils is, BUT cant get LCA to line up w/ axle!!

jtszymano

NAXJA Forum User
I cant get the LCA to line up w/ the axle mount. How can I do this.

See the pic...thats how much im off. The passenger side also wont totally line up into the mount, so I guess the axle is slightly tilted a bit.

Let me know asap. I really want to finish this 'easy' project...
Thanks for all of the help so far, I cant believe that I go the coils out...

http://community.webshots.com/album/68773850dmPeEX

If you are supporting the jeep by the axle it will cause it to shift the axle, I would try to support the Jeep by the frame. Then get a pry-bar, this will allow you to pivot the axle enough to line up the bolt. This will be alot easier if you get someone to pry the axle while you are jammin the bolt through the hole

Good luck

heres the deal for control arms. the vechicle should be on the ground, no jackstands or jacks. do 1 arm at a time. if the axle needs to be moved forward or backwards, chock the tire in the front/back depending on where the axle needs to go and back up or pull foward until its in the right place. then do the other side. this is dooable with 1 person, but easier with 2.

Hunter

That info woulda helped me yesterday lining up mine. I improvised with a bottle jack, block of wood, BFH, screwdriver, and an hour. It sucked. I will remember your helpful hints when I replace my LCA's after I heat up and knock out the bolt that is seized up in the top mount from 9 years of rust!

You can also use ratchet straps! That is what I did!

I'm a big fan of Mr. Pipe Wrench.... Apply the pipe wrench close to the control arm mount on the axle tube, in relationship to the direction you want to rotate it to line up holes. Once the pipe wrench is snug on the axle tube, place the end of the handle on the pad of a floor jack. Jack the handle up until you line up the holes and install the bolts. It's real easy and suprisingly very precise to line up holes...

Ivan

I used the "bottle jack screwed to a 2x4" meathod myself. It may have taken an hour, but it worked!

Back