• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better ways to attach the interior hatch cover

jammerjamesharmon

NAXJA Forum User
My interior hatch cover is loose and I am looking for ideas on how to better attach this to the hatch other than the factory "plastic attacher things" I'm thinking of some kind of nut that will fit in the holes in the hatch and then drilling out holes in the cover where the "plastic attacher things" go and then using screws to go through the cover into the new nuts in the hatch. I don't know of any nut hardware that will easly fit into the hatch holes. Any help is appreciated!!!!!!

:clap: :clap:

james

www.geocities.com/jammerjamesharmon

I ripped out all the little tabs on the back of it. Shaved everything down so it was level, then used some screws with those things that bend so it would hold. Doesn't rattle and the carpeting covers the shiny metal.

I used screws. at each of the plastic push in things from the factory I drilled a 3/16 inch hole through the cover. and where they pushed into the hatch I drill a 1/4 inch hole. Then I put 1/4 inch plastic anchors in the holes in the hatch. Screwed it all together and no more trouble.

photos could be made available.

Daryl

Last edited:
Just drill holes through the cover and into the hatch and put screws in. I used stainless screws with stainless trim washers. No need to make it complicated. Half a dozen screws will do wonders.

Back