• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recall code interpretation please

dogtired

NAXJA Forum User
hi all,

Just got a regular maintenance notice in my mail from my local dealership. In the notice it included a recall notice. Can anyone can interpret the code on what may be the problem is?

My Jeep is a 2000 4.0L 4dr 2wd Cherokee. any ideas? :viking:

Recalls usually state what they are for.

The common one affecting the 2000 and 2001 XJ with 4.0L is the debris baffle for the manifold. There isn't one, and it seems if enough debris gets trapped against/on top of the exhaust manifold it can catch on fire.

The "fix" is a POS foil baffle that DaimlerChrysler should be ashamed of even considering. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'll have this recall done on mine. The piece looks like it might survive for 6 to 8 months, after which I expect it to be in shreds.

sorry guys, I forgot to include the code. :dunce:here it is: B06

All it says is:

"As of January 07, 2004, this vehicle has the following incomplete recalls/customer satisfaction notices: B06. Please contact us to schedule an appointment. Recall and customer satisfaction notice repairs will be performed at NO CHARGE."

it doesn't however describe what the recall is for... it is cryptic. I just hope it is not a ploy to get me in and tell me "there are additional repairs to be made and it will cost "X" amount of dollars to fix. :flamemad:

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
That's just a reminder. You should have received a very detailed recall notice directly from DaimlerChrysler, explaining what the problem is, what they do to "fix" it, and how long the repair will take. Call the DaimlerChrysler 1-800- customer service number. It's in your Owners manual and on the Jeep web site.

B06 is the intake manifold debris shield recall. Pays a whopping 0.2hrs. Usually the tech winds up breaking the large plastic wire harness protector while removing it to install the shield. I have seen, on a few occasions, burnt leaves and twigs that are laying on a protion of the exhaust manifold. I have never seen the aftermath of one of the supposed fires that occured and forced the recall. POS for sure.

Bryan

Back