• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering stabilizer

I bought mine from Autozone. I don't know what the brand was, I just remember it was in a plain white box with black numbers on it. The problem turned out to be just a loose steering box adjustment. The problem did not improve untill I adjusted the play out of the box. The new stabilizer has been on the Jeep now for 2 years and works fine.
MoFo

You need to get to the top of the steering box. I think I had to pull the aux radiator fan. You loosen up the 5/8 nut and turn the allen head screw in a very little at a time untill you get one inch play in the steering wheel, then tighten the lock nut. DO NOT move the screw in too far or you will damage the gears. I found a write-up on the net somewhere, but can't find the link now. I only moved mine in 1/6 of a turn at a time until the play got close. I had about 4" of play to start and only had to move it about 1/4 turn in to get to 1" so be careful and go slow.
MoFo

Back