• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

building long arms

xjblaine

NAXJA Forum User
My roommate has an xj with home brewed long arms, and another friend has Rusty's. I'm on a budget and was thinking of building my own, but as I've never built suspension components before, wanted to get some feed back from those of you who have. What should I watch out for, should I do this? or should I fork out the $$$ for already made ones and skimp on other things? Thanks.

xjblaine said:
What should I watch out for, should I do this? or should I fork out the $$$ for already made ones and skimp on other things? Thanks.

It's all about the Mac&Cheese and Top Ramen.

CRASH

xjblaine said:
My roommate has an xj with home brewed long arms, and another friend has Rusty's. I'm on a budget and was thinking of building my own, but as I've never built suspension components before, wanted to get some feed back from those of you who have. What should I watch out for, should I do this? or should I fork out the $$$ for already made ones and skimp on other things? Thanks.

:) Billy

I built mine for about $450 for everything.Go to my homepage,then to Longarm Pics!

Well if he is your BUDDY then he should help you now shouldnt he? id build them your self. brackets can be trickey but then again thats half the fun aint it?

WIll

his room mate has home built long arms he didnt build home built long arms. He got a smoken deal on a well moded xj. You should just keep the budget boost and cut more. By the way did you get the harmonic balancer fixed.

Back