• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 swap front and rear parts?

racer122

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I can score a set of front and rear D44s from a fs Waggy (narrow-track, non-disconnect). I know I'm going to have to regear, but can anyone tell me what other parts I should remove along with the axles? (ie, steering, etc?)

This will be my first big-time swap, so I'm not wanting to miss anything out of inexperience.

Billy

yes the steering would be good to grab it can be made to work. Grab the U-bolts and plates for the rear and the brake lines, cut them off where they go to hardline, and if for some reason they don't screw right together you can just use the waggy fitting and reflare the xj line.

Gary E said:
yes the steering would be good to grab it can be made to work. Grab the U-bolts and plates for the rear and the brake lines, cut them off where they go to hardline, and if for some reason they don't screw right together you can just use the waggy fitting and reflare the xj line.

Thanks Gary,
Billy

Back