• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying new tires...road hazzard??

pancake

NAXJA Forum User
Getting BFG AT KO's from America's Tire. They want ~$60 for all 4 tires to have their "no questions asked" warranty. Is this worth it? It's mostly for street, but some offroading (~6x a year) will be done also.

5-90 said:
It always has been for me... Considering the replacement cost of tyres, the first time you use it, it's paid for. Even if you don't spend time in job sites, picking up a screw or a nail around the house can make that a useful thing to have!

5-90

Un...gotcha! :farmer:

America's warranty is usually no questions asked. Sometimes they hassle you when granite comes crumbling out of the bead.

Their warranty specifically excludes "Abuse" so you just have to tell them that is part of your everyday travel. :D

CRASH

Tires

I believe that America's tire is called Discount tite here and almost every one I know buys from them and gets the warrantee because they don't give you any crap at all when you have a problem, they are just as nice then as they were when they sold you the tires. I will definately go back to them when my tires wear out.

I came in to them with a huge hole in my tire (I picked up a piece of round metal pipe cut like a ring that acted as a cookie cutter on the freeway) and they just charged me a bit for proration and for a new replacement certificate. Altogether I think I paid $15 or so. In any case, at that time I talked to them and they said that they will honor everything except for some blatant abuse of hte system (i.e.: you come in with 4 slashed tires and they will think hard about what to do). I asked them about trail repair and sticking plugs in sidewals and thread and so on, and they said: do whatever you need to do to get back to civilization, they don't care....

So yeah, it's definately worth it for the replacement warranty.

Get it! I've never had any trouble bringing in my tires with chunks of wood and mud packed in the bead. They've had some strange looks on their faces, but they just cleaned 'em up, remounted and balanced them for free. I'm definately going back when it comes time.
ALSO- I had a set of all-terrains that the previous owner had purchased from them. I took the tires back to them, they pro-rated the tires and gave me credit toward the purchase of a different set of brand new tires. I traded in the used 32" bfg all-terrains for 33" bfg mud-terrains (brand-new)and payed $40 a tire! That's service!

Back