• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker may be just around the corner...

sintax

NAXJA Forum User
After the drive up to Greg's for some fender trimming this last weekend the XJ is feeling very sad. I lost a seal of some nature on the way home. I noticed a decent amount of leakage when I got up to Greg's but kind of passed it off. When I got home the next morning there was a HUGE puddle of oil under the 89. I went to work and when I got home the puddle was even bigger. It is almost pouring out, COLD. I'll get a chance to tear into this weekend between projects.

I spoke to Greg a bit about his two project strokers that he built. I think that is the path I want to take when it is time. I am pretty sure i'll just go with one of the Accurate Power stroker kits, what I do not know is a good machine shop in So.Cal to get the work done at a price that will not break the budget.

I guess I would go through the standard hot tank, magnaflux and hone along with making sure all of the tolarences are with in specs.

Anyone have any favorite shops and do some good work?

I am thinking about doing all of the assembly work myself, but I guess if I found a shop that was will to do it for a price I could not pass up i'd have them do it. I just don't mind doing the work myself.

Also, Greg...I know you have two strokers, any issues passing smog? What type of head work did you have done?

-Scott

Last edited:
Back