• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seats bowing

xtremewlr

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to be buying an XJ soon (88 to 93 most likely) and have noticed on the ones that I have looked at so far that the rear passenger seat tends to bow back towards the hatch in most of them. Is this a common problem with XJs and is there a fix for it? I have searched but have come up empty so far.

Not exactly sure if I am picturing this right. Do they lean back too far? Or the middle of the seat curves towards the back? My 90 rear is fine. Not extreamely comfy, but looks fine.

Middle of the seat curves back towards the hatch. I have seen this on several of the XJs that I am looking at right now. Some worse than others.

Common? Yes. Cure... Sit in the hatch area and push on the back of the seat with your feet untill it's straight. To prevent... Don't let fat people sit in the back seat of your Jeep.

did some hard wheeling with a few friends in the back seat and now it all bent up

Matthew Currie said:
Mine was like that. You have to treat these things gently. I took it out and put it on the ground and stomped on it. :explosion

:D

Ok guys, thanks for the responses. Hopefully whatever XJ I end up with, the back seat isnt in too bad of condition. I wont want to remove it right away as it nice for the extra seating. I will probably find a way to brace the back seat, using 1"x1" angle iron or something of the sort. Maybe incorporate it as an additional support for a rear shelf or something.

I have a grey top of a back seat in good condition no rips nothing not bent, if you want it come pick it up, it's yours or just pay for shipping it

CUxj88 said:
I have a grey top of a back seat in good condition no rips nothing not bent, if you want it come pick it up, it's yours or just pay for shipping it

Thanks for the offer but I dont even own an XJ yet. Just doing some research before I buy. ;)

Back