• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fender trim edging

xjbmx

NAXJA Forum User
I have cut my fenders and was wondering what you guys used to keep the sharp edge from cutting the tires when it stuffs. (weatherstripping, etc.) and where you got it.

I just folded mine over, but it was a pain and it doesn't look that great. To avoid the hassle I'd probably just cut and then use door-edge molding or some kind of plastic adhesive to wrap around next time.

I was using some door edge molding I found at NAPA, but I've since taken it off because it kinda loses shape in extreme temps. Plus, dirt and grime get trapped in it and never really clean out without taking it off and throughly cleaning.

Go to your local truck accessories supply shop and get some moulded rubber fender skirting. You can buy it by the foot and it comes in widths from 1.5" to 5.5". There is also different moulding shapes from a rounded to more of a flat stlye profile. This stuff is super flexible and won't ever crack, it's specifically made for tires that overhang beyond the coverage of the body. A large truck dealer like Frieghtliner should also carry it or at least know where to get it since it's on most of their trucks. Happy hunting

Back