• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ w/ABS Differential & Lift Help

xupkid2

NAXJA Forum User
I am just getting into off roading and have a 2000 XJ Limited with ABS. I have been doing a lot of reading and I am starting to learn. I want to put a detroit locker in the rear but I am not sure that my differential is a Dana 35. Please help so I can make sure I get the right locker. The rear end is stock.

I am also going to lift it 3.5"-4" any suggestions on good lift kits. I want to put 31's on it. I was looking at a Rubicon Superflex with Bilstein shocks and am looking to spend about $750 for the kit, any other suggestions? I will use the car for off-roading but will also use it on the highway a lot. If I get the kit and shocks seperately is there anything else I would need to get in order to put the kit on or any other suggested upgrades that would make it worth my while during the lifting.

Any advice you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Go to the local dealer and get a build sheet. The parts department will be able to run one for you, all you need is your VIN. My 00 has a Chry 8.25 in the rear, but it is a Sport...didn't think that they switched between models but you never know.

If you have ABS then it should be a D35!

evilpresence said:
changed it for you

Checkout this link.

http://marylandcreepers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7171

You should probably go with the 3.5" since that's what RE kit will be after it sags. I got my kit off ebay for $725 plus $98 drop shipped from RE.

You rocking the 4.5 or 3.5? The post here and in the other thread are a lil misleading.

I think you're rockin the RE6130 but suggesting the 3.5 right?

Sounds like the about 4.5" of lift would serve you well with 31's...The RE kit mentioned above (3.5" kit) will give you about 4.5" of lift and great performance.

As far as the locker, maybe wheel the thing for a while and see what it can do stock...then make a decision to keep the 35 or go with a 44 ;)

RJ

TOZOVR said:
You rocking the 4.5 or 3.5? The post here and in the other thread are a lil misleading.

I think you're rockin the RE6130 but suggesting the 3.5 right?

I have the 4.5" sitting in my garage and will be running Interco TrXus MT 31x10.5. That will give me what I want until I pay the XJ off. RE's lifts are the height after sagging so the 3.5" will start out with about 4/4.5 and then sag to 3.5.

You might be surprised with the sag....of all the RE kits I've installed only the springs on my XJ were actually sagged to advertised height...combo of running over 30 days on the trails May through Sept with no bumpstops this past year and running completely loaded on those trips (XD9000/ARB bullbar up front, complete tool kit, spares etc out back plus camping gear)...I was at excactly 5.5" of lift with the 3.5 coils + spacer and 3.5 Extreme duty leaf packs with tera shackle....

The other kits are all above advertised height....

Hi Guys

I am a little confused with the lift suggestions. Should I look at the one with the specs of 3.5" or 4.5" if I want to put on 31's.

Thanks for your help

you can easily run 31's with the RE 3.5" kit

I've installed two kits and with stock backspacing they do real well. Even ran 32's. we used the RE kit. it's a great kit and "easy" to install.

xupkid2 said:
Hi Guys

I am a little confused with the lift suggestions. Should I look at the one with the specs of 3.5" or 4.5" if I want to put on 31's.

Thanks for your help

TOZOVR said:
As far as the locker, maybe wheel the thing for a while and see what it can do stock...then make a decision to keep the 35 or go with a 44 ;)

Couldn't agree more :clap:

xupkid2 said:
Hi Guys

Thanks for your help

RJ

If you're at all thinking of going bigger, get the 4.5" lift. It's alot easier to upgrade to the 5.5" lift then the 3.5".

That said, either one will work great with 31s. The 4.5" may even look a little tall, so you'll just have to get 32s :D

xupkid2 said:
Hi Guys

Thanks for your help

I'm have the 4.5" in my garage and I am going to buy Interco TrXuS tires, 31x10.5.

on the rig to the right, RJ is running the RE 4.5 with 235/85/16's (32x9)
37.JPG

87.JPG

Here is Kevin with the RE 4.5 and 31x10.5 TrXus (he's a lil flexed here so the tires look tiny....heh, now he has 33's and no flex :doh: )
MICHELE2%20033.jpg

Here's the 33's ;)
2.jpg

Back