• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mountaineer Rack?

CStamm said:
anyone here use this?
http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=13&UID=2004012713472756

I wanted to make one myself but I didnt know how to bolt it down. Maybe make some legs and bolt them into the wheel wells? Anyone do anything similiar? TIA

ALmost bought one, but then I ended up making one from some steel. Cost me maybe $20. I even made a removeable mount for highlight for it. In regards to mounts, I just welded pads to the legs and bolted the legs down into the floor.

Kejtar,

Sounds good, did you bolt some self tappers right in to the sheetmetal floor? Any pics of your setup also? TIA.

CStamm said:
Kejtar,

Sounds good, did you bolt some self tappers right in to the sheetmetal floor? Any pics of your setup also? TIA.
The two "Deep" (as in by the bench) legs are bolted through. The two by the hatch are temporarily done with self tappers as I had a design flaw. I have rotated the bottom bracket and drilled it so that it is about the frame rail and to get a nut on that bolt, I will have to take the bumper off and I'm too lazy to do so :D.

In regardst o pics, I might get some @ the event this weekend (I don't have a digital cam :D) but it will be of a rack stacked and loaded with stuff....

I might rig up a way to make the legs permanently mounted and have the cage part removable. I might bolt the legs into the wheel wells some how. Nothing wrong with doing it this way I'm guessing.

I can send you a copy of the 907-15X mountaineer rack install instructions or any photos that would help. The mounting brackets bolt onto the sheet metal right next to where your stock spare tire mount is. The bolts will go through the plastic side panels and then the mounting brackets will be bolted on. We are working on using threaded knobs so you can quickly remove the basket. The basket dimensions are 4x22x44.5 . the bottom of the rack sits approximately 16.5" above the floor.

Does anyone else have any experience with this product since this OLD post? :)

Back