• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

resetting Proportioning valve

RNMedic

NAXJA Member #659
okay silly question 88 XJ, 4.0 231, got a brake warning last night playing in snow!!! rear brakes had a leak, fixed, but the warning light didn't reset. Is this one you have to reset manually? E'Brake not stuck, both cups in M/C full. Brakes feel great. TIA. John

RNMedic said:
okay silly question 88 XJ, 4.0 231, got a brake warning last night playing in snow!!! rear brakes had a leak, fixed, but the warning light didn't reset. Is this one you have to reset manually? E'Brake not stuck, both cups in M/C full. Brakes feel great. TIA. John

your gonna love this-
get in the drivers seat, put both feet on the brake pedal, and stand on it. Put the power of an elephant on that pedal- if done correctly, you should hear a click- but you gotta stand on it!

RNMedic said:
btt, thanks but that didn't do it can it be reset manually?
Not that I`m aware of- that trick has worked for me several times, and worked for everyone whom I told it to- your the first it hasent. The only thing that comes to mind is the possibility of an air bubble in the valve itself- which isnt very likely unless you ran it dry, or had massive bubbles.

Back