• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon pictures.

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
To show the people who haven't been there what it looks like, I present these images.
The granite bowl.
picture.JPG

Soup Bowl.
picture.JPG

Buck Island Lake.
picture.JPG

Waterfalls abound.
picture.JPG

Lots of water near Rubicon Springs.
picture.JPG

A view of the high Sierras.
picture.JPG

Last edited:
True Sluice.
picture.JPG

More water near Rubicon Springs.
picture.JPG

Buck Island Lake from the top of "The Slabs".
picture.JPG

The scene at Little Sluice, "The Box".
picture.JPG

Another waterfall near Buck Island Lake.
picture.JPG

Jes

Last edited:
Yep, there is not much that's as nice as running and camping the Rubicon. I hope the mid-week schedule allows for planty of out of towners to make the trip this year. Up to five days on the 'Con wheeling, camping, and hanging out is going to be a real nice vacation. Plus, there won't be much traffic like there can be on a weekend.

If you've been wanting to run the Rubicon, this is the way to do it. Plus we'll have Fordyce and Barrett Lake thrown in if you have the time.

Dang, that looks real nice! Helen and I are gonna shoot for this one. My gear seems to meet the criteria, but I'm the low end of just about all the requirements.

31 MT's, 4.10 gears, 29 spl 8.25, rear locker, 4.5" lift, rock rails, gas tank skid, xfer case skid, tow hooks in the front and hitch in the back

Will that take a lot of the fun out of it?

bburge

bburge said:
Dang, that looks real nice! Helen and I are gonna shoot for this one. My gear seems to meet the criteria, but I'm the low end of just about all the requirements.

31 MT's, 4.10 gears, 29 spl 8.25, rear locker, 4.5" lift, rock rails, gas tank skid, xfer case skid, tow hooks in the front and hitch in the back

Will that take a lot of the fun out of it?

bburge

I'm very similarly setup to you, and I will be trying to run it in late June (certain things just complicated my August :() so I will let you know how it goes. You're also stick shift, arent you?

Goatman said:
Yep, there is not much that's as nice as running and camping the Rubicon. I hope the mid-week schedule allows for planty of out of towners to make the trip this year. Up to five days on the 'Con wheeling, camping, and hanging out is going to be a real nice vacation. Plus, there won't be much traffic like there can be on a weekend.

If you've been wanting to run the Rubicon, this is the way to do it. Plus we'll have Fordyce and Barrett Lake thrown in if you have the time.
Goatman,my family and i really looking forward to doing this trail with naxja.
i have a few concerns though, are we going to break down camp each night and move down the trail?that could be tough with three little kids,theres alot of camping equipment ,water, food ,coolers,clothes,not to mention jeep parts, tools ,spare tire, plus well be traveling from slc utah, with a tow rig,
I have a roof rack, but dont want to overload it and become top heavy,
ill try to pack as lite as possible, but its still going to be alot for five days.
Is anybody other than me having this trouble,or is it just me
Thanks brian r . :doh:
is

brian r said:
Goatman,my family and i really looking forward to doing this trail with naxja.
i have a few concerns though, are we going to break down camp each night and move down the trail?that could be tough with three little kids,theres alot of camping equipment ,water, food ,coolers,clothes,not to mention jeep parts, tools ,spare tire, plus well be traveling from slc utah, with a tow rig,
I have a roof rack, but dont want to overload it and become top heavy,
ill try to pack as lite as possible, but its still going to be alot for five days.
Is anybody other than me having this trouble,or is it just me
Thanks brian r . :doh:
is

This thread should answer some of your questions.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16650

Jes

that could be tough with three little kids,

Thats what Grandparents are for.... :yelclap:

Jes,

That's just no right posting pictures like those. I really missed going this last year!

I can't wait for this summer!

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Jes,

That's just no right posting pictures like those. I really missed going this last year!

I can't wait for this summer!

hinkley

Now that you're semi retired( ;) ) I hope you can come out and play with us more often. :)

Jes

Jes said:
Now that you're semi retired( ;) ) I hope you can come out and play with us more often. :)

Jes

Retired? I heared he got hisself fired!
I'm really looking forward to running the Con for the first time in Aug, great shots Jes.

XJEEPER said:
I'm really looking forward to running the Con for the first time in Aug, great shots Jes.

Jeff, glad you're planning to join us.......you'll love it! It's easily worth the drive, just like us coming back to Moab. It's also nice to be able to have a real relaxed pace. The camping spots are so good that it's a shame if you can't hang out a little. The wheeling's fun, too. :)

oh my...Jazzy Jeff is going to make it out for this run?? that and the excellent mid week scheduling just made up my mind i believe! unbelievable...XJEEPER on the west coast...nice :guitar:

I moved from Chicago to Citrus Heights, CA to be able to do the con, bring it on :D

Jes, you are breaking my heart...

The only thing worse than seeing those pix and knowing that I have to go to work tomorrow is seeing the Crystals every day on my way home from work and not being able to get up there. Snow's melting fast, but the Crystals are still, quite visibly, snowbound...

I got the trail itch, bad. I can't figure out whether it's more important to complete the kitchen remodel or light a fire under Crash to get the XJ done...

Lu

Yep Britt, I'm ready to get back up there for some relaxation.
picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

This photo curtesy of PhatXJ...
picture.JPG

...Good times! :D

Jes

If Andy would get that thing going there is still time for another JV run before it get's to hot.
I'm looking forward to a week on the con this summer. I think it has been 3 years sense the last trip.

David Taylor said:
If Andy would get that thing going there is still time for another JV run before it get's to hot.
I'm looking forward to a week on the con this summer. I think it has been 3 years sense the last trip.

And to all those that can't make it in Aug or have spare time in June :) I'm going in June 17 - 19 and the more the merrier :p so if anyone want's to get some "prerunnning" done or is looking for an excuse keep an eye out for more info :D

Lu.... get Crash cranking on the rig so that he can show me around :D

I'd settle for him fixing the dang-blasted cookies so that I can log in again.

The man tends to get the most work done when I take off on the weekends. Fortunately, I'll be gone for the next two. I'm expecting a brand spankin new shiny red Princess II by April 5.

Back