• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Kit

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know of a good kit for a long arm set up on a 88 XJ with a 10+ inch lift? Just need the front upper and lower!!!!

Thanks

NIK

I don't know if there are many long arm kits comercially available other than the Skyjacker. Most fab up their own or have them fabbed up. Another good choice are the RE drop brackets. They use standard length arms but drop them down a bit for improved angles

PS- The front upper & lower control arms are ALL of the control arms on an XJ- Unless you've converted the rear to coils! :)

I knew hee were none in the rear. Thanks thou

Hey nik, check out claytons longarms, thats what I have and they are well worth the money. I have absolutely no complaints or anything I would change about them. later
-calvin

Arms

I was looking at rockcrawlers setup. Exspensive but I like it, I'll check out the others, wish they weren't so damn exspensive.

Thanks

Nik

Have Rustys Kit and love it. No welding required, just drilling a few holes. Easy install, very beefy and works great.

Another vote for Clayton's. Two of the guys in the North Atlantic Chapter have his and they are awesome.

Re: Arms

Nik said:
I was looking at rockcrawlers setup. Exspensive but I like it, I'll check out the others, wish they weren't so damn exspensive.

Thanks

Nik

Expensive, what did you think would happen when you lift to 10", even 4.5" - 6" is expensive. Just compare XJ kits to other 4wd's out there, those IFS lifts are expensive and you don't get near the lift or flex out of them.

The other thing is you going 10", most kits out there really were not advertised to go over 8", goodluck.

I vote for the Rustys kit withe the rockkrawler front springs

Clayton's
Rusty's
Rock Krawler
Tomken
Skyjacker (more of a mid-length arm combo drop bracket)

I'm sure they are others that aren't coming to mind right now.

BTW, has anyone seen a picture of Rockkrawlers rear brackets? I'm planning a rear coil setup and pre-fab brackets would be a big help.
TIA
mattk

I am running Tomkens Long arms along with REs trackbar in a custom bracket and skyjacker 8 inch springs with two inch spacers. So far I have mostly liked Tomkens long arms with the exceptions of one thing. I wish the crossmember-LCA mount was held on a little better. I think this is something that could be fixed with a little welding and a little thought

i just got my rustys LA last week, havent installed them yet but they are beefy. oh yea $920 with shippin killed me posted in wrong spot! sorry

Last edited:
nope, definietly wouldn't be able to use them. The rears will be much longer than the fronts. If you want to do the rear conversion check out www.rockkrawler.com they sell their rear conversion with coils for 2199, but pm me for a discounted price.

Someone was asking about the prefab rear coil over mount, I will try and remember to take a picture for you when I'm up at the shop.

My vote is for RockKrawler LA's one of the more inexpensive kits and one of the strongest kits. It also flexes and rides like a dream.

Matt

Back