• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rausch Creek Trail Cutting 8/25

JHKolb

NAXJA Forum User
There will be a 1/2 day trail cutting, 1/2 day trail ride this coming Sunday at Rausch Creek.

We will be meeting at the Rausch Creek MX Park (on Rt 209 about 1/2 mile west of the I-81/209 interchange) at 9:00 am. Additional directions can be found at the web site www.Rauschcreekracing.com

We will be doing some trail cutting and marking in the morning and then plan on running those trails in the afternoon. We are looking at a 30-40 vehicle turnout so far for this weekend!

I will be heading up from the Norristown Area if anyone wants to meet up to follow along. Shoot me an email if you are interested: [email protected]
or call me and leave a message 610-960-6192 (Cell)

This is a new park that will rival Paragon and the NAC has the opportunity to get in on the ground floor. They are not inviting many clubs to become part of the park and, the last I heard, individuals can’t just show up and ride.

I would like to see as many NAC people as possible come out this weekend so we can establish ourselves with the park and show them what kind of work we are capable of.

Thanks

Would love to go and check out the new park, but hafta work. Let me know all about this park when you return. Thanks, Bob

If it weren't for the every trusty cooling problems I'd be down there. Unless you guys have a spare flexalite 110 fan blade laying around I can go. The mechanical fan doesn't pull enough air for me at low rpms.

John:

Great opportunity for us there. Unfortunately I can't make it this weekend. Look forward to helping out and getting involved. (And just a little more notice than 3 days the next time please?).

Mike in NJ

Sorry Mike - If you would have been at the BBQ you would have had a little more notice :wink: Just Kidding.

I've been really busy AND had some 'puter trouble this past week so I couldn't get it posted sooner.

Right now we will be planning on going up any/every sunday. If I'm not there Bruce Shallis will be to direct what needs to be done.

As of now any member club member (including NAC) can go up to hike and mark trails. After the trails have been marked Bruce and or myself will check that the marked trail has no conflicts with property boundaries or other trails, then we will schedule it to be cut. We hope to be able to mark 1 weekend then cut the next with different groups, that way something will always be available for people to work on. We also plan on these days to be "Work in the Morning, Play in the afternoon" so that we can benefit right away from what has been cut.

This was my first visit to the new park. Basically, it's to be a park built by club members for clubs to use, following basic safe-wheeling club-type rules. There was a great turnout on Sunday and glad to see so many Cherokees. John K., Andy, Matt and myself helped many others clear one of three trails-in-progress. It was supposed to be a stocker trail, but by the end of the day I overheard them say it was more of a 32" 33", no lockers needed, kind of trail. Kudos to Matt for conquering the new trail. I frankly was too chicken to attempt it. At 31", 3", I felt like the smallest rig there and having just gotten it out of the garage for the first time in a month, I wasn't in the mood to risk it just yet.

I'd like to do some scouting if anyone would like to join me. I believe I need at least one other vehicle to go with me. The weekend of Sept. 7-8 I will be dog-sitting my sister's 5 month old Lab, so that would be a good time to do some hiking. Anyone interested in joining me, let me know, so then I can let Bruce know about it.

The park is very simple to find. Exit 107 off 81, go left towards the MTX/ATV park and check in at their office. The trail head is about 5 minutes from there. I also found out there is a nice campground nearby called Echo Valley that is open year-round. I'll probably take a drive by there my next time north and check it out. They are supposed to clear an area for overnight camping at Rausch Creek as well.

Newbie....:shock:

Hey guys. I am new to the board and for that matter NAXJA, NAC and the whole East Coast! I have been looking for some places to go wheelin and some folks to hook up with doing it. I would like the chance to go up and help clear trails and wheel. I live in New Jersey and while I can't make it every Sunday, I might be in for a weekend gig. My family could stay at the park suggested and we would love to make a good weekend out of it. Any plans for the second weekend or the last weekend in September? Those are the only dates that I am going able to make. PLMK if there are any plans for wheelin runs those weekends. [b:20fd0ea948]Also, please keep posting when "stuff" is going on. [/b:20fd0ea948]I look forward to meeting all you and doing some 4X4....uuhhh...bonding? Thanks
$XJBroke$
[email protected] :D

Back