• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mad and Frozen to He#&

geepers

NAXJA Forum User
After spending many hours in in the cold , no heated garage here, reading every possible thread, manual and taking some advice , I began to hunt down my start no start 1992 XJ I6 HO..
My first adventure was remove and clean NSS to save 400.00 on a new one , mission accomplished note: prior to this she did not start in neutral and seemed if you moved from park to neutral and back to park she would start .. And after extra care in removel ,cleaning , and reinstallation ahhh she started and in neutral.. But to avoid any other possible problems I also replaced the CPS for saftey sakes while I was frozen to death anyhow whats a couple more days on your back in the cold..
As of Friday she started like a champ ...
And now it is Saturday and another day and she now fails to start
I want to just lay down and cry ???
:helpme:

geepers

need to check for a spark. The coil is very easy to test. Also check your pos/neg cables for frays......mine were frayed and burnt when removed. b/c they were burnt, it was allowing just enough power to crank once or twice, but never fire.

did you check the cps wires...i know you just replaced it but I melted my cps wires about 15 minutes after putting the new cps on cause I forgot to zip tie the wire in a safe place.. :flamemad: that wire is super secured now :twak:

Back