• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 31" tires fit

Herc146

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys will 31X10.5X15 BFG TA/KO's fit a 95 XJ with a 3" lift? I do moderate offroading,fire trails and desert. The guy's at the local offroad shop said go with 30"

Thanks

I am running bfg 31x10.5's on a 3" with GM shackles in the rear for an extra inch and re-adjusted turn stops and I don't rub at all. I live 10 minutes away from stoddard valley and do a lot of wheeling out here. But some folks do rub with a 3" setup. I say go for it and if you do rub, fine tune your setup so that it doesn't.
But 30's are also good.
Just my .02

I've run 31x9.50s with 6" of lift and rubbed and 33x11.50s with 4.5" of lift and not rubbed. It's all in how you setup the Jeep, if/how much you're willing to trim, and how hard you push the Jeep's abilities.

31's will fit with a 3" lift. Don't worry about rubbing cuz as a buddy of mine says "Rubbin's good wheelin."

I have a 1999 XJ with a 3" skyjacker lift and 31x10.50 R15's and they rubbed and knocked my stock flare off. After the flares were removed they only rubbed when fully compressed. I put bushwackers on and they do not rub at all.

"rubbin's racin' "
sorry, cheezy movie line,
i ran 31s on a 3" with no problem, wheeled great.
i miss those days, when 31" All-Terrains and open diffs went everywhere.

On the 95 you will be fine. On 96+ the wheel wells are smaller, hence aloha365's problems.

the real answer to this thread, is it is dependent on the Back spacing of the rims your gonna run them on. check out ed stevens site. 31's 3 inchs of lift and stock rims will work.

k first of all 33's on 1.5 inches???? 31's on stock ride height???? i gotta see this...u guys have pictures? btw 31 x 10.50 bfg mt's on 3 inches with a block in the back. NO rubbin at full turn but have scraped the underside of flare....no worries tho...it hasnt cost any major damage. Also bushwackers on 3 inches of lift...i dunno but that seems way to small.

dellstopjeep said:
31's on stock ride height???? i gotta see this...u guys have pictures?

I got pics of like a saggy 3 inch lift that nets 2 inch lift with 31's and no rubbing, and ed steven's site has got the 31's with stock i believe if my memory hasn't passed me.

31s on stock height is totally doable. 33s with 1.5 is too if you trim. Whats wrong with having bushwackers on 3" of lift. My next jeep is getting bushwackers before I lift it. Or do you have a problem with a low COG?

i wasnt hating on anyone doing it. i would just like to see pictures. I havent seen any of that stuff done before and would like to see it.

i'm working on pics, I had a chance to wheel it yesterday. it rubs on full steering lock pretty bad, and inside the fenderwell too (which I don't mind for now) I only did this as a temp setup until I get a taller ~ 8" of lift and 35's. but, I was surprised how well everything fit together for street driving.

Back