• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd light basics ?

mn_xj

NAXJA Forum User
Their is another driver driving my jeep now on ocasion and I need to get my light back? I lost it when the atlas was installed. I am going to search out the atlas instructions. Any info on how this works is appriciated.

back 2 top 2 try again

BTT

I read about the washer trick in the vacuum disco axels? Do the late models 4x light still work similarly? TIA Ben

I see two simple solutions...

1) Stop loaning out the Jeep. Not too outlandish - I have to qualify someone before they think too hard about driving my truck. Currently, it's a short list (me and my wife.)

2) I'd have to get a good look at how you're mounting the shifters, but you could use small mechanical switches (lever or button type - either are farily common and I probably have a boxful somewhere) to drive the light circuit. Tap into the wiring behind the dash panel and run it thru the centre console to the switches at the base of the shift levers. More info for more info...

5-90

Well I dont like idea number one because, i do like her, and I'm glad she's getting into my jeep
5-90 said:
I see two simple solutions...

Tap into the wiring behind the dash panel and run it thru the centre console to the switches at the base of the shift levers. More info for more info...

5-90
So the sensor for lack of a better word is on the shift lever itsself?
What info sould i provide? Thanks Ben

Actually, the OEM switch is vacuum actuated, and that is why it's not happening. The Atlas doesn't have the vacuum switch needed to shift the axle and put vacuum to the light switch. Therefore, you will have an easier time with a mechanical solution - and it will stay cleaner and easier to service, since it's in the cabin.

Oh - do what I did. Buy her her own Jeep (my wife drives an XJ as well, and it's a touch newer than my two...)

Anyhow, I'd need pix of where the levers come thru the tunnel with the console open. I don't know what sort of space you have available, which is why I need to see the installation...

5-90

lol I don't have a sufficent budget for my jeeps let alone buy her one, If i did she prob would become my wife, and I cant afford that either!
Thanks for the info!! Ben :roflmao:

Back