• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Replacement for XJ thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike the Destroyer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I'm currently involved in a sponsoship project with American Specialty Vehicles (a tier-one designer/supplier/manufacturer to the auto industry) and the College for Creative Studies Transportation Design Department here in Detroit and we're working to develop some next generation ideas for vehicles with convertible tops. Since I'm an avid xj owner and user, and since I was sorely dissappointed at DC's discontinuation of the line, I want to, as my project thesis, begin design on a bigger better replacement for the xj that holds to the core values of owners like myself. What I came up with off the top of my head was simplicity, bulletproof reliability, and unmatched offroad capability/versatility. As for the convertible part, I've got some interesting ideas of how it could be implemented into such a vehicle. What I really want though, is to hear from all of you as to some very specific features and qualities you would like to see on a Jeep product for the future. Anything you want (doesn't neccessarily have to do with a roof that converts or has a sunroof etc.) that is currently not offered or offered in a single package, please feel free to voice it. I'm also happy to look at any links to things you think might be cool.

I've got to get at least 50 responses in order to complete this portion of my research so don't hold back. Also, although not essential, if you wouldn't mind leaving your name (first or full, doesn't matter) and even a picture or link to a picture of yourself to give me a better idea of who you are, that would be terrific, mmmkay? Thanks for any input you can give guys.

The best thing DC could do is to keep all the dies they used to stamp out the Cherokee and go back into production. The vehicle was just the right size and had all the right standard and optional features. I would never consider a rag-top for wheeling. When it is dusty this would be a pain in the ass. I often wheel with all the windows up and the AC on. That is why I have it. If I had a rag-top then it would be unsafe untill I paid big bucks for a roll cage, or at least a bar. I hope DC has not scrapped the dies yet. I own '90, '94 and '00 XJs. If DC has not come out with a decent replacement in the next 5 years, I am done with Jeep! I guess I will have to buy a Honda.
MoFo

This thread is already going on non-tech, where it belongs. So I'm closing it here.

Mike the Destroyer said:
Hey guys. I'm currently involved in a sponsoship project with American Specialty Vehicles (a tier-one designer/supplier/manufacturer to the auto industry) and the College for Creative Studies Transportation Design Department here in Detroit and we're working to develop some next generation ideas for vehicles with convertible tops. Since I'm an avid xj owner and user, and since I was sorely dissappointed at DC's discontinuation of the line, I want to, as my project thesis, begin design on a bigger better replacement for the xj that holds to the core values of owners like myself. What I came up with off the top of my head was simplicity, bulletproof reliability, and unmatched offroad capability/versatility. As for the convertible part, I've got some interesting ideas of how it could be implemented into such a vehicle. What I really want though, is to hear from all of you as to some very specific features and qualities you would like to see on a Jeep product for the future. Anything you want (doesn't neccessarily have to do with a roof that converts or has a sunroof etc.) that is currently not offered or offered in a single package, please feel free to voice it. I'm also happy to look at any links to things you think might be cool.

I've got to get at least 50 responses in order to complete this portion of my research so don't hold back. Also, although not essential, if you wouldn't mind leaving your name (first or full, doesn't matter) and even a picture or link to a picture of yourself to give me a better idea of who you are, that would be terrific, mmmkay? Thanks for any input you can give guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back