• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kevin's Sliderz w/ RE drop brackets

CStamm

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone on here run Kevin's rock rails with RE's drop brackets? I really like the look of his sliders above all others. But they attach to the side of the frame rail and under the frame rail, right where the RE drop brackets are.
Here is a link to his site http://www.kevinsjeepparts.com/xj/xj1.html
I need to find a way to mount these up, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. TIA.

I had a set of his rails almost 3 years ago. Although I didn't have RE drop brackets, I needed to modify the rails to fit. You could torch off the leading mounting arm and move it back a few inches without any problems, IMO.
Mine didn't come close to fitting, I had to shorten the same arm to allow the slider to line up with the pinch seam. Unfortunately they needed plenty of other work to fit well. They were among his first XJ sliders, he's probably ironed out any issues and Kevin is a nice guy. Tell him what you need, he'll probably make the changes before sending them.

I got tired of mine, gave them away and started over. If I was looking for ready-to-go rails, I'd go straight to ORGS and skip all the others.

$.02

i've got kevin's sliders and the RE brackets, and I did have to cut the bottom (horizontal) part of the angle iron for the slider to fit. I then welded the area where I cut to the RE bracket (the part you have to cut has the bolt holes). no pics here (at work) but I can take one later if you need it.

cbremer, if you could get me some pics, that would be great. any other issues fitting as Ronbo said? Also, do they seem to take the hits as well as other models that mount to the pinch seam? TIA.

CStamm said:
cbremer, if you could get me some pics, that would be great. any other issues fitting as Ronbo said? Also, do they seem to take the hits as well as other models that mount to the pinch seam? TIA.

Ask Kevin to send you the sliders with the front mounts un-welded. He is a great guy and will not have a problem with it. You can then weld the mount to your needs.

I can't see much from the photos there. The important thing with rock rails is that they need to attach to the pinch seam, along the entire length of the pinch seam, as well as the frame rails. The previous post about ORGS rails is very good advice, they make excellent rock rails. :lecture:

I'm sure ORGS are top notch, no dispute there. They are also twice the price, if money were no object I'd buy all you guys a pair.
I find it hard to believe that Kevin's sliders wouldn't hold up well. They mount to the side and underneath the "frame rail". I always did wonder why the lack of a pinch seam mount though. Anyone on here beat the snot out of Kevin's???

Back