• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to remove some 1/4 panel

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
Got the 40" MTR's sitting undr it now and need to remove some 1/4 panel on the rear side. I am thinking on removeing the factory tub and making a new one with 1/8" plate and running it back around 5" more, anyone else done anything like that and have pics
1251385-P1240239.jpg

Now that is sort of what I was thinking on but just adding to the rear length, but still make a whole tub, With the wishbone 3-link I have the tire moves back under compression so the front edge is not a problem

Fullsizexj said:
Now that is sort of what I was thinking on but just adding to the rear length, but still make a whole tub, With the wishbone 3-link I have the tire moves back under compression so the front edge is not a problem
then prolly the only difference is you'll be able to keep your backseat :D

Borton did pretty much exactly what you're talkin about (well, he also cut off the rear roof) and I can't seem to find his website, but he had some VERY good pics.

JeepFreak21 said:
If my database was up, I'd link to that blue and white monster of a cherokee on 44s (now on 49" iroks)... but since it's not :bawl:... try searching POR for "The Wagner Machine Shop Big Meats Run" :)
Billy
Trust me I have that thing "right click Save" so many times it's unbeleivable

JeepFreak21 said:
LOL, same here... is that kinda what you were thinking?

Not quite that extrem at this point in time, just got the dang thing back out of my garage a couple months ago after a 6 month project, I want to wheel it some for a while

I think that 1/8" plate is complete and utter overkill. Slap it on with some 16 or 18 guage sheetmetal and call it good. That thing looks BIG.

Sean

Richard,

Those are totally way to big for your jeep!

Send them to my shop and I'll store them for you!

:D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Richard,

Those are totally way to big for your jeep!

Send them to my shop and I'll store them for you!

:D

hinkley

You have storage room, cool I got a whole garage full of junk I need to store somewhere else :laugh: Here is a better daytime pic
1251854-P1250243.jpg

Scrappy said:
Just a small hijack... Do you feel unstable at all at that hieght? I am just wondering, not bashin. Love it to death!

MATT
with the full width axles it feels really stable, no where as bad as it was a 6" with stock axles

Back