• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock recomendation

aueaglexj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I have an 88 xj with 3.5 RE lift that I put on last summer, when I bought the lift 4 wheel parts threw in a set of ProComp ES3000 shocks. The problem at hand is that my Jeep rides like a log wagon, and for now it is my DD, I know it's not a cadillac, but I would like it to ride a little better. A friend of mine suggested adjustable shocks like the Pro Comp Mx-6 or the Rancho adjustables. Any suggestions or recomendations you guys have would help
Thanks
Aueagle

I started out with the Pro Comp ES3000's, but they would freeze solid in the winter and rode awful. I bought the Rancho 9000's right before they came out with the 9000X's, so I got buy 3 get 1 free. They're awesome! If they feel stiffer because the weather is colder I can just adjust them to where I like them. I also love being able to stiffen them up more for off-road so I don't bounce down on rocks, then soften them up for around town, etc. Well worth the money IMO.

When I got my RE 4.5, I went ahead and got the Old Man Emu's. I've ridden in about a half dozen lifted Cherokee's with everything from DT's, Ranchos, Pro-Comps and others. I'd take my OME's anyday. Well worth the $$$'s.

I really like my Trailmaster SSV's for my 4" lift. They lasted 100K miles. Great ride and never a problem. Not sure why they are not more popular. I have OME's shocks on my 5.5 lift and they are pretty good. Can't complain, but I really liked the SSV's.

Curt

The guy from RE says to get thier Mono-tubes, but everyone I've talked to says to get the DT3000 or OME. I have been shopping for shocks and will probably get the DT3000 because I'm going back to school and have a small budget. Here are the quotes I've got for all 4 shocks:

DT3000 - $118
OME - $232
RE - $192

Back