• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockright install on a 8.25 axle

Tampa_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok the lockright just showed up today and I was reading through the instructions for saturdays install and have a few questions. It says I'll have to remove 1 of the axles...the non-gear side I suppose. Well is that the passenger side or driver side axle. Also curious what the "real" install time is on these suckers...also any tips or tricks you guys picked up while installing the locker would be greatly appreciated....oh one last thing...I'm rather curious if any of you guys had worn thrust washers(had to replace them)...I've personally never run across any but most of my diff exp. comes from cars not 4x4s.

-John

If I recall correctly it is the passenger side. Also, believe it or not, it takes about an hour to do, start to finish. I don't remember any special tips or tricks, just follow instructions, and it should be pretty straight forward. Enjoy.

You will have to pull the passenger side out a few inches. The drivers side can stay in place, but you will still have to remove the clip to take the old side gear off and get the new coupler on. If you really take your time, it will take around 2 hours. Use lots of grease. Sweep up the garage floor real good before you get started. It sucks dropping greasy springs on a dirty floor. Its amazing how much dog hair will stick to parts in such a short period of time.

Back