• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring harness location suggestions

dogtired

NAXJA Forum User
just hooked up the wiring harness for my hitch, everything works... so that is not the problem

the problems is how to make it a clean install, I routed the wiring underneath the trim on the bottom, so the wires are mostly hidden except when it comes out by the latch and is being tucked behind the bumper, so there is only about a inch or two of the wire showing through

is there another way to hide it completely so no wires are showing, besides I want no possible chance of it being caught in the latch let alone the wear and tear of closing the hatch on it. right now it looks kinda ghetto'ish :viking:

Both sides in the rear have drain plugs so thats were I ran my trailer and my wiring for my (2) x 55 watt back-up lights. Works and loks good.

Andy in Co. said:
Both sides in the rear have drain plugs so thats were I ran my trailer and my wiring for my (2) x 55 watt back-up lights. Works and loks good.

ya, I looked at the plugs and yanked them off but there are no holes....hmmm did the factory forget to drill them? the plastic plugs are just at the edge of the carpet or am I looking at the wrong ones?

I've run the harness out the hatch for years without any problem. If you live where roads are salted in winter, an exposed plug will corrode fast, and you'll be struggling with your trailer lights every time you hook up. Here in Vermont, the brass innnards of the plug last about two years before they just disappear.

Matthew Currie said:
I've run the harness out the hatch for years without any problem. If you live where roads are salted in winter, an exposed plug will corrode fast, and you'll be struggling with your trailer lights every time you hook up. Here in Vermont, the brass innnards of the plug last about two years before they just disappear.

no salts on the road here in Florida, we have non existant snow, however we are surrounded by the ocean, but I regularly wash my jeep anyways so it isn't really a problem. I just like to have a clean install when everything is invisible would be nice and not a booty fab. I may wrap my exposed wires with electrical tape to help hide the wires and also help protect it where it rubs at the metal bumper.

Why not find a "dummy plug "to plug into the other to keep dirt n etc outta the connectors.

churky89 said:
Why not find a "dummy plug "to plug into the other to keep dirt n etc outta the connectors.

nah, i do have the cover that came with the harness, it protects my connectors, I just need to reroute the wires to be invisible, I just don't like wires exposed especially whenever I lift my hatch up

Back