• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Wanted

Mike in NJ

NAXJA Life Member
NAXJA Member
Welcome - after a few hiccups we finally have the date nailed down and the next most important thing is that we need some help to put this thing together.

This will be our third, annual party in the spring in Pennsylvania and, although the weather hasn't really cooperated in the past couple of years - it keeps getting better as a good time for all of us in the NorthEast. A lot of that has to do with the location - Paragon is a great place to wheel and this year we hope to add Rausch Creek (another great place) runs to the mix. But, a big portion of the success has to go to the NAXJA folks who put this together.

To run a successful event, we need bodies to assist with things like registration, inspections, trail guides, dinner, etc. Last year we had over 30 participants and with the lure of two quality parks (and over 100 trails at all levels to choose from) we expect even more interest. So, volunteers are needed - the more we have - the less any one person has to do and a better time will be had by all. Just drop a line to myself, CHW, Eagle, or Andy in PA if you think you have the interest.

BTW, this is an event for NAXJA members and their guests, so, if you're not a member yet, get real friendly with one, or, better yet, come and join this fine organization.

Thanks.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike, you know that I would help out if I could, but I can't be there this year. Ironically enough, Jen & I will be back east for a wedding in Spring Lake that weekend. I don't think I'll even get an opportunity to stop up for a visit.

if there's one thing I know chicago boys can handle, its grilling.

I don't wanna speak for chewy (he's probably still mad at me for bailing on him in moab)

I think between me and a couple other folks I'm sure we could handle some kind of cookout....

if that helps....

hey Mike, you know what subject I am just dying to bring up don't you?

lawn,

did you get settled in yet?

let me know, I have pick-up instructions for you.

everything is down there, in a safe place, and its not going anywhere, so don't sweat it.....

Beezil said:
hey Mike, you know what subject I am just dying to bring up don't you?

480x8 LR B?

:D

But, I'll defer to the fine, feathered one on that score.

.... and we would really appreciate some midwest crews (Chewy or not . . . although Chewy wields a smokin' spatula) stepping up for the grilling. But, let's see if we can shake up some local boys first. Lawn Cher' has always been our maestro cook but he's going to play Wedding Singer I guess this year, so we need some of his former acolytes to raise their hands.

you got it mike.....

If I woulda had more time, I would have been able to finish the 55 gal BBQ I started.....It was intended to be bolted to the trailer, for a roving grilling machine.....Since I'm not planning on messing with the jeep, I could bring a serious grill if that would help.....

if the local boyz are looking to cook, cool......Me and Chew stand at the ready.

how come eagle won't mess with me about that? I've dropped way to many hints....

maybe now would be a good time to bring it up....you know, since he's newly married and all, probably not such a grump-ass anymore?

count me in for whatever you need .... hoping to have the trail rig travelworthy by then.. i'll be there regardless.... just put me on the list of volunteers..
mike

sidriptide said:
.... hoping to have the trail rig travelworthy by then..

I don't see a problem, your "non trail rig" seemed to do just fine out in Utah, so you're set in any event.

Thanks for volunteering, as we start to sort out the organization of NACfest, we'll involve you as well.

I am back and struggling to get caught up and in the loop.

I second the call for volunteers, especially on the first day. Last year we didn't have a dedicated registration table and I think that was a serious oversight on my part. Between registration and vehicle inspections, it was like the proverbial Chinese fire drill for a couple of people. It's clear (at least to me) that we need a registration table and a more formal system for tech.

Mike,I can help out with whatever...no cooking though,you dont want me cooking unless we are eating Cheerios or pb&j.I can do tech inspection,trail guide,whatever.Let me know.

My wife and I still need to discuss our/my attendance to the event, but if I do end up making it I plan on arriving Wed night and leaving Mon morning. I can be the stand by rover filling in where needed.

Chewy knows I got his back on the grill. I wouldn't let B anywhere near the burgers unless your into hearing them mooin' still. I'm not sure when I'll be rollin' in, either wed. night or thurs. afternoon.

Trying to get the time off of work. If you guys need help on the grills, I'm there. If you need help other places, count me in, too. I should know by the end of March what my schedule is and when I will be getting there. :chef:

jeepguy said:
When is this trip to Paragon and how can I get involved?
The event is June 11th - 13th and is a NAXJA sponsored Chapter Event hosted by the North Atlantic Chapter of NAXJA. Members are welcome as are their guests. If you'd like to attend consider yourself my guest, though I do hope you'd consider Joining NAXJA. Talk to Eagle about getting involved if you'd like :).
Skorpyo

I'm not a member of naxja but i'd be more than happy to spare some time to help out. let me know what you need and i will do my best to help.

Haggard said:
I'm not a member of naxja but i'd be more than happy to spare some time to help out. let me know what you need and i will do my best to help.
Fill out the Membership Form and send it in. That will help a ton!

Is there a Registration Page or Link where folks can sign up for this Event? Sign up for trails? Pre-Order meals or a T shirt? Who are the trail leaders? Who is the Event Chairman?

If someone In Charge would post up some info or PM me... I'd be grateful.

Thanks...

Back