• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's so tempting

I bought the first milemarker E8000 that came out about a year and a half ago because they were inexpensive ($399). I had to send it back to Milemarker twice within the first month. First time solenoid didn't spool in, second time it didn't stop spooling in and ripped apart the whole winch (very dangerous). I burned many hours installing and uninstalling it for nothing. On the third new one I got, I sold it on eBay and bought a Warn M8000 with no problems. You do get what you pay for. Even if the vendor supports returns like Milemarker did, you could burn many hours of troubleshooting and installing.

I've had a good experience with that winch. My buddy bought one for his taco and we went to test it and my leaf spring conversion at the same time...
f9e0eafa.jpg

taco with winch...
f9e0eada.jpg

stuck xj missing front shaft, unlocked rear...
f9e0eac1.jpg

actually got stuck and pulled out twice fromt the rear...
f9e0eaa7.jpg

and here is the last pull, I almost made it through, well not really, that poor winch was on its fourth hard pull, dead weight for the most part, that pull from the front was the toughest, when he free spooled to move his truck back the cable unspooled and freaked out creating a big furball of cable. He tugged me the last 10 feet with the strap. Winch did get warm and we stopped once to let it cool. Just for kicks. I would have got one but I scored a used warn 8000 out of the junk yard with a winch bumper(f-150) for $150 that actually worked until I left it in the yard for a year. Gotta rebuild now. Wouldnt hesitate on the hf 8000, just keep up with the warrenty just in case.

yellowxj said:
I've had a good experience with that winch. My buddy bought one for his taco and we went to test it and my leaf spring conversion at the same time...
f9e0eafa.jpg

taco with winch...
f9e0eada.jpg

stuck xj missing front shaft, unlocked rear...
f9e0eac1.jpg

actually got stuck and pulled out twice fromt the rear...
f9e0eaa7.jpg

and here is the last pull, I almost made it through, well not really, that poor winch was on its fourth hard pull, dead weight for the most part, that pull from the front was the toughest, when he free spooled to move his truck back the cable unspooled and freaked out creating a big furball of cable. He tugged me the last 10 feet with the strap. Winch did get warm and we stopped once to let it cool. Just for kicks. I would have got one but I scored a used warn 8000 out of the junk yard with a winch bumper(f-150) for $150 that actually worked until I left it in the yard for a year. Gotta rebuild now. Wouldnt hesitate on the hf 8000, just keep up with the warrenty just in case.
I'm a little confused here.You said you had good experience with what winch the warn or the mile marker?I assume you're talking about the mile marker.And also,what brand is a hf8000?Thanksfor the info,I've been on the market for awhile now and am trying to get as much feedback as possible so I can make a good decision

Buy a Warn and worry about something else.
Seriously.

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
Seriously.

I'll second that. :)

What Rd (f.k.a. ArmStrong) said:
Seriously.
I agree. 4wheelparts still has the M8000 for $499, and I believe free shipping, too.

I've had one of these things for about a year. It's a bit slow, but it does work. I can't tell the difference between the HF unit and the Milemarker E8000 and the Ramsey REP 8000. Yup, I'd rather have the $500 Warn, but I haven't had any problems with it.

view.html

the harbor frieght winch is the one we were abusing that day. He used it many more times before selling it with his truck.

I said,quote:"WHAT BRAND IS A HF8000?" duh...I feel so tarded.hf=harborfreight.Iknow, I know you guys are probably thinking "Thank you ,captain obvious"!

Back