• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" lift blocks

sbxj

NAXJA Forum User
My rear springs are sagging out on my 93 with a 3" lift. I want to install 2" steel blocks to my rear springs. I don't know if I should get tapered or flat that RE offers. Do I need shims and what degrees? I'd like to be prepared for all the potential problems when I install. Who should I buy from? Does anyone have experiences (good and bad) to share? Thanks!

if you don't already have them, I'd use lift shackles before I'd use blocks, the shackle's will also angle your pinion towards the t-case.

If you have the lift shackles, then I'd go with an aal, that's what I'm doing with the wifes XJ that's saggin. You're really not spending that much more money for the aal's and it's a better way than blocks.

Fore 'don't like blocks' Wheeler

blocks are the correct way to lift a jeep, or anything for that matter- they are the same size as the normal leaf spring perch. its no different than what it is now, just adding hieght. Dont get me wrong, I have a full spring lift, but that is a n the circumstances. I dont like shackles- hillbilly lift- tho ima hick.
anyhow- the choice is yours. they all work. but he's right. If it was mine, and I had the cash and time, add a leafs would probly be best.
CODEMAN

blocks add leverage, which leads to axle wrap, which leads to premature spring failure and ds joint wear, not the best way to go. Lift shackles are anything but a hillbilly lift, by using the shackle you also gain more flex by alowing the springs to move more, there is NOTHING wrong with using a lift shackle.

sorry to dissagree

why are u going with two inch blocks for a saggy ass. if u want cheap and easy just go with a one inch block. I have never seen a aal sag to the point where two inch blocks were needed. Mine sagged but the inch block made me almosat sit to high. Measure the height of the front and the backl before goin with two inchers. Thru RE u can get decent spring packs for not to much also. THat may be the way to go because u wont experience sagginess later on. once u put the shackle or block the leaf springs will still continue to sag. just my .02

Back