• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ranger spindles on a XJ/MJ?

oldmopars

NAXJA Forum User
I am sure this has to have been talked about before, but I could not find it in a search.
I am wondering about the use of Ford Ranger Hub/Spindles on the XJ Dana 30.
I would prefer to use the 91+ Dana 35 parts.
Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to use these so I can get the locking hubs.
I know the bearings are a week point, but I will not be running any larger than a 31in tire.
Anyone done this?

I thought about it but never did it. I am still trying to find a front Ranger to play with. Their warn kit is only $250 and uses the same lockout hub (I think) that the XJ warn kit uses.

If my crappy memory is correct.. It will work but you don't want to. If I recall, it is actually WEAKER than the unitized bearing spindle we have. I am not 100% on this, but check very deep in this before doing it. JMO

MATT

The warn kit can be gotten just about anywhere. I believe that Advanced Auto Parts even carries it. There are 2 different Ranger front axles. The 28 and the 35. the 28 has 260 u joints and the 35 has 297 u joints. HTH!

Back