• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water Holes in the Floor

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm assuming that at some point, someone has put holes in their floor to let water out after you get in too deep. Should I just drill a hole or maybe cut knock out the plastic pieces and leave the hole like it is, or should I put some kind of valve or cover over them that I can open when I need to?

At the moment I've got some kind of leak on the passenger side that allows water to come when it rains, so I've got to do something anyway. I can't find any problem with the door seal, so I'm thinking that the water might be coming in through the vents.

Actually, I just pulled out all of my carpet and found 9 water drain holes. 2 under each front seat, 2 on the rear floor, one under the back seat, and 4 in the hatch. Unfortunately you have to take out your carpet to use them. But who wants carpet that you have to vacume, using a hose is so much easier.

Back