• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GDI or CSF Radiator, which one?

turbobaja1835

NAXJA Member #1299
Who out there is running them and which one is better? I have heard both good and bad about the GDI but not much about the CSF radiator. Are there any other brands that anyone loves?

Thanks, Joe

92 XJ 31" BFG AT's, Cut fenders, Stock axles(soon to be changed) and the best for last. 4.7 stroker

I put a GDI 3 core in my 91 4.0 HO this fall because it was running too hot on my long runs back and forth from school (SW VA to upstate NY). Put the radiator and a new thermostat in and noticed a significant drop in temperature on the next long run I took. It will still heat up some wheeling but I definately noticed a difference. I have heard of some reliability issues with the GDI, but I haven't had it long enough to be able to give you any input on that. Hope this helps some.

I had a GDI. At first the performance was great then it began to degrade. After about eight months I was overheating in hot weather in stop and go traffic. What I discovered was the water passages clogged up on the right side. This was probably because I did not use distilled water. The tap water in my area is very hard.

If you get a GDI, use distilled water if your tap water is hard. In fact, it's best to use distilled water in any radiator you get.

FYI ...
I have a Radon radiator now that is a two row. Even though the GDI is a three row, the two row Radon is larger. The GDI has three 3/8" rows and the Radon has tow 5/8" rows, do the math. I bought it locally and I don't know if there is on-line source for them.

Back