• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear top shock mounting bolts keep coming out

Renegade Jpr said:

Yup. Here's mine:
cross1.jpg

If the welded nuts are still attached, take an air hammer and bust the welds/nuts loose. Remove the carpet/mat in the rear cargo area. From below the Jeep, drill a small hole up through the metal floor of the cargo area using the original shock mounting holes as a quide. Now, from above in the cargo area, take a 1" hole saw and using the small holes you just drilled as a guide, drill down through the metal floor of the cargo area being carefull not to drill down through the upper shock mount metal. Now you can fasten your shocks with nuts, bolts, and lock washers or lock nuts. Then you get yourself some 1" plugs to plug the holes you drilled in the cargo area and your all set. I did this and it works awesome.

I am prototyping a new design. similar to the pic in the thread but with clearance for the diff at full compression and 2" bump stop extensions. it can also support dual shocks/ side.

I like the light mounted BTW. thats a good idea.

Back