• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Updating RE 4.5"

PC-UT-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have the 4.5" kit. I have some 5.5" coils that I want to install, but also want to get the 5.5" leaves. I was thinking that I should update the control arm part of the lift, but long arms are so expensive! Would the skyjacker subframe control arm mount work? What do I need to update my lift to 5.5" and keep the great flex?

Because it's late and I'm not tired, I went to RE's website and compared the 4.5" kit's components with the 5.5" kit's components. To go from the 4.5" to the 5.5" - without me going back and seeing what all you've already upgraded from the 4.5" - you would need to add:
Extra HD track bar and HD trackbar bracket
Front 5.5" coils which you have and rear 4.5" leaf packs (or AAL?)
Drop brackets and support braces
Longer bumpstops (I'd say just trim your fenders some more)
And they list swaybar relocation brackets, but I like my JKS discos. I haven't had RE's though.

You only need 4.5" leaf packs because of the lift shackles. Also, I have the 5.5" front kit on mine and have not extended the bumpstops. I haven't wheeled it yet, but with TJ front flares I was able to flex it enough to have my front tires rubbing on the end of my bumper. I'm actually not sure what that means to me or to you. Hmmm maybe I need to go to sleep soon.

Back