• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charrouleau Gap near Tucson Monday 1/19

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
A friend and I are going to run Charrouleau Gap on Monday the 19th if anybody wants to come. We'll be leaving in the morning, not sure what time yet, probably 8 or 9.

-Jason

This was a costly trip. I've outgrown the capabilities of my Jeep as it currently sits, especially the ground clearance. I did some creek runs off of the trail and took out my passenger-side rocker panel in a big way(rocker protectors were in the works, but now I'll have to do rocker replacements instead). Then on the step I smashed the crossmember again (that's in the works too, already have the steel to modify it, just need the time), drug the diff, smashed the rear bumper (crappy thin stock metal), and broke an exhaust hanger. 3.5" and worn 31's just don't cut it when you try to play extreme.

I did make every obstacle in the Jeep and if I had used the bypass on the step and not taken the creek running off of the trail, I wouldn't have had any damage. Oh well, I'll be working on it for the next few months now.

This was an offshoot from the trail that I didn't make it past:
charrouleau_gap_6.jpg

A fun obstacle at the beginning that filled my hitch with dirt and broke the exhaust hanger
charrouleau_gap_2.jpg

charrouleau_gap_1.jpg

charrouleau_gap_3.jpg

charrouleau_gap_4.jpg

Here's the step that took banged up my crossmember, diff, and rear bumper.
charrouleau_gap_5.jpg

charrouleau_gap_7.jpg

Here's what my rocker panel looks like now, I had to hammer it down to get the door to shut again.
rocker_damage.jpg

Back