• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee Electric Turbo

CheapXJ said:
150cfm feeding a 4.0L is like pissing into the wind.
Thats nice to know. I won't bother then. I know nothing about turbos, so I was just runnin it by you guys.

I am actually running one of those

of course its used to blow up my air mattress :thumbup:

I thought about buying it, but then I realized that if your going to get a turbo/supercharger you might as well get a real one, otherwise what's the point. Later.

Um, a turbo is exhaust driven and pushes enough air to create boost, and a supercharger is belt driven and also produces boost. That is a little fan that does not create positive preasure and is one of the dumbest things you could waste your money on.

FWIW, this is only an electric blower motor...just like your heater blower motor...to put it into perspective, I have a computer case cooler that pulls 120cfm (cubic feet/minute) your engine uses much more than that.

Good choice asking here. This is snake oil pure and simple.

John

or you could go to Buffalo Turbine and buy a 23hp sprayer/leafblower that blows up to 10,000 cfm and somehow fit it behind the back seat in the xj, then run a heavy duty hose straight to your intake or throttle body...
hmmmm... i wonder if that would do anything?

MeanGreenXJ99 said:
or you could go to Buffalo Turbine and buy a 23hp sprayer/leafblower that blows up to 10,000 cfm and somehow fit it behind the back seat in the xj, then run a heavy duty hose straight to your intake or throttle body...
hmmmm... i wonder if that would do anything?

I like this Idea how bout I provide the heavy duty hose, and you provide the 23hp leafblower and the xj and we'll find out what happens!

Hee hee!

As a frequent eBayer, I like to read the fine print as well....

"Anyone who fails to pay the full amount within 5 days will be given a non-paying bidder alert and reported to ebay which could result in suspension. Please allow a few weeks for shipping because kits are manufactured upon order. "

Translation, "hurry up and pay, or I'm gonna report your *ss. But don't call if your shipment doesn't show..."

:cool:
Den

DenLip said:
Hee hee!

As a frequent eBayer, I like to read the fine print as well....

"Anyone who fails to pay the full amount within 5 days will be given a non-paying bidder alert and reported to ebay which could result in suspension. Please allow a few weeks for shipping because kits are manufactured upon order. "

Translation, "hurry up and pay, or I'm gonna report your *ss. But don't call if your shipment doesn't show..."

:cool:
Den
I buy on ebay too, and that isnt that uncommon of a fine print. Not all are going to say they are going to report you, but to some degree most people include similar messages.

Creating a Stroker out of a 4.0

I have a 94' Wrangler, I'm creating a stroker motor for it. I have the 258 Crank, I was wondering on what type of rods I should look into getting, as well as what type of Cam, I'm looking for the most bang for my buck!

I am a www.homemadeturbo.com guy. Making a turbo kit for a 4.0l would be soo easy. Make the manifold yourself if you can tig. Get a T3 .60/.63 turbo with an internal wastegate( because its easier) mount a cheap side mount intercooler from an eclipse or a Saab, weld up some charge pipes and throw an FMU on it. Back the timing out like 2 degrees at base and away you go. I know its that easy because I have been thinking about it. I am selling my Turbo civic this week to buy my XJ. If anyone needs any help boosting their Jeep feel free to ask. This is the setup I am waiting to be paid for. I made the manifold and the charge piping myself. I also do ECU chipping and tuning.

wOTI3MTU3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I wish I had thought of this first. I could have been rich(er).

Compare the links below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7976310307&rd=1

http://www.jabsco.com/pdf/030-033.pdf

By the way these are used to exchange the air in the engine compartment area of a boat, for safety reasons so gas fumes are expelled. As far as xj's go, you could use it to blow out the engine compartment and reduce the high temperatures there. BTW it doesn't blow even as hard as a hair dryer.

Back