• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ugg stalling at idle!!!!

Tampa_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok for the past week now my jeep has been a royal pain. Heres the deal everytime I slow down and let off the gas, like at a stop light my idle begins to jump around like its going to stall and if i even touch the gas it stalls. now its fine as long as im moving but when my throttle gets below 10% and my rpms are around idle it acts up! I'm going to pull my plugs, cap, and rotor to make sure nothing is going on there, but I'm leaning more towards a sensor. I think its either the IAC or the TPS, but Im not sure which and every time i go to lift the hood and check it it straightens up!

This is going to be laughed at by everyone that reads it but I don't claim to be a tech so...

Mine did that to me for a week or so after I bought it, then went away. It came back then went away again. What I realized was that--here comes the laugh part--it would stall anytime I used regular or premium gas. I know it sounds stupid, but I swear to god, midgrade is the only type it wouldn't do that with. I had a Lebaron years ago that was the exact same way. Both Chryslers, that's why I tried it. Midgrade ever since and haven't had the problem.

Back