• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I am sick of chains

Johann from Raleigh NC did one in his 93(?) that used the Downeast kit. It is Sweet!!! His is clocked up to be almost horizontal...(mad clearance!) he had to cut a LOT of metal out of the floorpan though, and hadn't closed it up yet when I saw it.

I think before I messed with the 300 I would go atlas. A lot of CJ guys I know have a heavy right food and break the output shafts. I think Advanced Adapters make heavy shaft, but by the time you add T-case, flip kit, and beaf up the output shaft, your in Atlas territory with lower gears.

Later,
Lincoln

Not quite Atlas teritory, yet. The atlas I priced was around $2500, the flip kit method was around 1400, I already have a 300 from a totaled CJ.

Thats the point, I don't want to baby the thing, i want to know that when the tough stuff comes along, I will be prepared. I don't mind breakage that much, but when it comes to going over or being pulled over, I take going over any day.:D

Advanced adapters is going to sell the rocktrack NV 241 transfercase from the rubicon tj line. 4to1 gears and stout. I thought it was priced around 1600.

Back