• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 won't stay in 1st

Christopher

NAXJA Forum User
My trany won't stay in 1st. It gets to about 1200 rpm kicks into 2nd and wont go back to 1st unless you come to a complete stop. Any ideas? I replaced the TPS and changed the fluid with no luck.

It is working like it is designed to.Thats why the shift control has 1/2 instead of 1,2,3,D.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
It is working like it is designed to.Thats why the shift control has 1/2 instead of 1,2,3,D.
Wayne

No it is not.

It should stay in 1st until 4000/4500. don't remember the exact number.

Then shift to second and stay there until you go down below like 15/20 mph or somewhere around there.

The biggest problem with the 1/2 position is keeping it in 2nd.

For the fix I'm not sure but tv cable or trans controller, I haven't jumped into to many auto fixes yet. mine hasn't needed any, knock on wood! :D

mark

Mark Hinkley said:
No it is not.

It should stay in 1st until 4000/4500. don't remember the exact number.

Then shift to second and stay there until you go down below like 15/20 mph or somewhere around there.

The biggest problem with the 1/2 position is keeping it in 2nd.

For the fix I'm not sure but tv cable or trans controller, I haven't jumped into to many auto fixes yet. mine hasn't needed any, knock on wood! :D

mark
I thought more about it after I answered.I don,t have a tach but mine winds tighter than fast idle before it shifts.
The TPS and the TV cable +ECU control shift points. I would adjust the TV cable as a start.
Wayne

Back