• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't get my F250 out of 4x4...help!!!

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
it is stuck in 4x4 Low and nothing I've tried seems to work, backing up, rock the wheel etc. It has the electric switch actuated TC. It only has 60k miles on it so it can't be worn out already?! Can it? Help! :wow:

Danno said:
it is stuck in 4x4 Low and nothing I've tried seems to work, backing up, rock the wheel etc. It has the electric switch actuated TC. It only has 60k miles on it so it can't be worn out already?! Can it? Help! :wow:

You now have a new trail rig. :dunno:

Our ranger has to be rolling, slightly, shift into neutral, hit the 4x4 Lo button to get out, ,shift back into drive and you're out......or should be......that's what we have to do evertime to get in or out of 4LO, just like in the jeeps

Auto or stick? The tcase has a computer that controls the shift motor. There is a reset switch on the computer. My ranger had the puter behind the drivers seat. Also, if you cannot get it to switch out just pull the motor and use a screwdriver, IIRC, to put it back where it needs to be. Oh and yes it could be burnt out. That was the biggest problem and still is from what I understand about the electric shift Tcases.

Back