• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling in Farmington, NM

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Are there any XJ'ers in the Farmington area that have run trails in the Rock Garden or Chokecheery Canyon? A few of us are looking to run some trails in that area and I'm looking for someone who is familiar with the trails.

Thanks for any info,

I will be there tomorrow. Don't worry about finding a guide, one of the locals will show me around. I will report back next week.

Grant

Grant said:
I will be there tomorrow. Don't worry about finding a guide, one of the locals will show me around. I will report back next week.

Grant

Grant, are you going to UROC? I'll be spotting for Creighton King (red CJ in Legends class---look me up if you get a chance)

I urge anyone who has a capable rig to wheel the Farmington NM trails (before they are closed).

The BLM plan revision for the area calls for a massive change in the allowed usage of the area, away from the current "open use" designation, to only designated trails. The designated trails are undetermined. The possibility to open new trails (and most of the harder trails are fairly new) will be severely restricted with the new revised management plan.

The need for more people to run the trails will increase the knowledge of these trails, and raise awareness of the opportunity lost if the BLM fails to recognize these challenges as designated routes. We need people to know these trails to inform the BLM of their existence (and continued existence).

Yup, off to UROC for a day, will be headed home again Friday night. Will attempt to find you, but if the crowds are anything like last year, that might be impossible.

Grant

Grant said:
Yup, off to UROC for a day, will be headed home again Friday night. Will attempt to find you, but if the crowds are anything like last year, that might be impossible.

Grant

You be in the XJ? I'll try and keep an eye out for you....(we've got some cool giveaways this trip from our sponsors)

not in the XJ - if the weather holds look for a yellow MINI Cooper S, first road trip in the Vette Eater. Whooeeee!!!:D :D :D

Back