• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for FSM for an 86????

1986xj

NAXJA Forum User
Was hoping to get a FSM from the dealer but that was a no go. Techauthority only lists back to 94 on the website.... didn't call the 800 # yet though but I'm guessing nothing will be available pre Chrysler from them.
Mike B.

I currently can't find one but you should look for this book: JEEP Cherokee/Wagoneer Workshop Manual M.R. 244 8980 010 167. Mine covers 84 through 87. I found one on Ebay just the other day...but I did not need it. I will keep looking.

Kenny
1987 & 2000 XJ's

8700XJS said:
I currently can't find one but you should look for this book: JEEP Cherokee/Wagoneer Workshop Manual M.R. 244 8980 010 167. Mine covers 84 through 87. I found one on Ebay just the other day...but I did not need it. I will keep looking.

Kenny
1987 & 2000 XJ's

Ok I found one at this website. Worth a shot. They claim to have the book I have and is pretty helpful. Not to much different than the Dymler-Chrysler one I have for my 2000.

What are you looking for? General info or info on the 2.8L, the AX-5, or the NP207?

General info mostly. When I go to put a stereo in a wiring diagram will be handy since the DSPO cut off the factory plug ends. The axles, tranny, and tcase stuff might be of use and have better info than the Haynes. Even stoopid stuff like where in the hell is the wiper fluid bottle for the rear hatch wiper... Ya know it's a Jeep ya never know what might need fixed next ;)
Mike B.

Back