• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with 2.8 auto.

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
have 86 laredo with 2.8 and 3 speed auto.one owner looks great runs so so.problem is going up steep grades tranny starts to shake and ihave to downshift myself and backfired thro.carb sometimes. any help greatly apprec.

have 86 laredo with 2.8 and 3 speed auto.one owner looks great runs so so.problem is going up steep grades tranny starts to shake and ihave to downshift myself and backfired thro.carb sometimes. any help greatly apprec.

How long since new plugs, wires, cap rotor? Check to make sure all plug wires are on right.... PO had #4 &#6 wires swapped on mine and it actually ran OK at speed on the flat just idled rough and had no pulling power. Check for bad vacumn lines... lots of those if your still running the rochester :banghead:
Check the EGR to see if it is working. That should be a good start to narrow things down a little, there's a whole bunch of things on the 2.8's to go wrong but the challange is all the fun :sure:
Mike B.

Back