• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf swap

90NHXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the leafs from a 94 wrangler will fit a 87 Commanche. The rear springs on my Dad's Commanche have broken and failed inspection. With 224,000 miles on a 4 cylinder, 2wd truck we really don't want to buy new. We have the springs from my brothers Wrangler from when we lifted it and are looking to see if they fit without tearing into it (it's cold here this time of year don'tya know!) Thanks.

well for one isn't your MJ spring under? and wrangle spring over? Also I think they are different length from eye to eye.
Btw, what broke? mains? or the other leafs?

No they will not fit, they are different sizes completely.

Remi, as normal 1/2 wrong, wranglers are oem spring under.

hinkley

But then again - the Comanche is also spring-under, making your half-correction half-right... :looser:

Wrangler springs are about 45" long and pretty much flat, Comanche springs are about 57" long and have several inches of arch, they are VERY different. Both vehicles come spring under axle. The one thing you could do is make a new spring mount and a new shackle mount and run the YJ leaves SOA. That should put you pretty close to the same ride height, but it would be lots of work and you would end up with worse leaves. Basically, you need to buy new leaves. If the main is fine, you could mix n match some leaves from the YJ pack to replace the broken leaves. JC Whitney carries MJ replacement springs, or you could buy used.

Back