• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Drive shaft

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
Im running a10 inch = lift and am try to find a set of sutable front upper and lower control arms control arms. Any clue who makes a good set. I still have stock mounts but can modify iif need be with new mounts or whatever. Help!!!!

my bad on the title, was gonna make a different post but changed my mine

Well if you actually plan to wheel this thing,then youll need to go long arm.You could try some super extended drop brackets but they would probably tear off.

Second this, you should go long arm. I have Rustys kit and love it. Best improvement i ever made. Great on and off road. Besure to do something about your steering too. At 10" too i have a YJ steering conversion and a 3" drop pitman arm and will go to a over the knuckle steering with ram assist in future.

38.jpg

BTW: be ready to get longer shocks and brake lines, the long arms flex like crazy

Wherre can I find a YJ steering conversion? I'll go wheeling but not serrious rock crawling. I have the 3 inch drop pitman arm. Thanks.

Nik

Go to a junk yard and pull the steering linkage out of a YJ. You have to lengthen the drag link and add a little bend on the passenger side to clear the track bar mount. Thats it :D

Does a YJ steering of a 91 work?

Give me a yell!!!

Nik

Long arm kit

Anybody know of a good kit for a long arm set up on a 88 XJ with a 10+ inch lift? JUst need the front upper and lower!!!!

Thanks

NIK

Nik said:
Does a YJ steering of a 91 work?

Give me a yell!!!

Nik

As i told you before :D

Almost everybody is making long arm kit now,add to the list Tera Flex and I believe Pro Comp has one now.If your going to buy a kit Id say go w/ Rusty's.If you can do some fab work,you can shorten RE's TJ arms.You could also build the complete set-up!ZPD has an excellent write-up.
www.xjworld.4wdriver.com/longarm.htm

Back