• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Greetings.

argalaviz

NAXJA Member #1248
I'm new to the forum and NAXJA. I'm signed up and paid, how long does it usually take to get my member number?

Anyhow, I'm down in Lewis County (Centralia) and try and get out wheeling locally every weekend.

Me and my buddies have manily been exploring powerlines for obstacles and mud.

I am finally getting some towhook brackets and hooks so I'm ready to explore some of the more technical areas now that I can get pulled out.

I sounds like the NW Chapter idea is good. Being a group has some benefits when dealing with the governement. I have been involved in a mountainbike trail access club in the past and atending the Department of Natural Resources user group meetings as part of group makes the DNR sit up and take notice.

It might be fun to check out why the Thurston County ORV park is closed and what we wheelers can do help it open again.

So hello, I look forward to seeing a line of XJ's tooling down a trail some day.

Welcome! Please feel free to post at will. I think you are the first in that area.

I know the Thurston ORV park closes every winter, I thought the closure was just that. Most of the trails there are small and difficult to pass in a 4x4. There always seemed to be a ton of bikes there, and having to stop and/or pull off to let them pass gets old quick. We'll see in the spring if it re-opens or not.

Hope to see you out on the trails!

Steve

I'm looking forward to exploring some of the more technical trail systems around here. One of the guys I wheel a lot with is from the Portland area and is itching to get down to Browns Camp, so we will probably hit that when the snow leaves. I've looked at some stuff online about Naches, Tayhua and the stuff out by Elbe but as of yet haven't hit them. At any rate I'm glad I found this group and hope to be a good citizen here.

Late

argalaviz said:
Browns Camp......we will probably hit that when the snow leaves.
You definitely don't have to wait for the snow to leave to hit Browns Camp. I've done Browns Camp more time than I can count. About half of the times it was snowing. I know, I'm from Utah, but I do know what I'm talking about. Trust me!!! ;)
Have fun,
Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
You definitely don't have to wait for the snow to leave to hit Browns Camp. I've done Browns Camp more time than I can count. About half of the times it was snowing. I know, I'm from Utah, but I do know what I'm talking about. Trust me!!! ;)
Have fun,
Dan.

Don't trust a word this guy says, he's full of crap. He doesn't even own a Jeep. We've found out he's a 14 year old boy that has some train fetish :huh:

Willis said:
Don't trust a word this guy says, he's full of crap. He doesn't even own a Jeep. We've found out he's a 14 year old boy that has some train fetish :huh:
Whew!!! At least you spill the beans about the fire problem I have, and the wetting the bed issue. Ooooops!!!! Damn!!!! :shhh:

argalaviz said:
I'm new to the forum and NAXJA. I'm signed up and paid, how long does it usually take to get my member number?

Anyhow, I'm down in Lewis County (Centralia) and try and get out wheeling locally every weekend.

Me and my buddies have manily been exploring powerlines for obstacles and mud.

I am finally getting some towhook brackets and hooks so I'm ready to explore some of the more technical areas now that I can get pulled out.

I sounds like the NW Chapter idea is good. Being a group has some benefits when dealing with the governement. I have been involved in a mountainbike trail access club in the past and atending the Department of Natural Resources user group meetings as part of group makes the DNR sit up and take notice.

It might be fun to check out why the Thurston County ORV park is closed and what we wheelers can do help it open again.

So hello, I look forward to seeing a line of XJ's tooling down a trail some day.

Welcome.... I am not far away (Longview).

TRNDRVR said:
Whew!!! At least you spill the beans about the fire problem I have, and the wetting the bed issue. Ooooops!!!! Damn!!!! :shhh:

So my Little Tree fetish and habit of wearing stilleto pumps while wheeling shouldn't be a problem then?

JJ13 said:
Welcome.... I am not far away (Longview).

You guys have any fun places to wheel down there? I may be moving to Longview/Kelso after I get all graduated this spring. My wife is a teacher in Winlock, so if I get a jobby job in Portland or Vancouver we'll head down there to help split the commutes.

any other northwest chapter members from vancouver wa? I havent seen anyone form naxja there yet but im lookin forward to not being the lone ranger here. Where do u guys normally wheel at around my area? just curious for some places i havent explored yet.

argalaviz said:
So my Little Tree fetish and habit of wearing stilleto pumps while wheeling shouldn't be a problem then?
You wear that, and I'll show you a whole new meaning to "train".

:D TRaiNDRiVeR :D

Okay, enough confessions here. :shhh:

dellstopjeep said:
any other northwest chapter members from vancouver wa? I havent seen anyone form naxja there yet but im lookin forward to not being the lone ranger here. Where do u guys normally wheel at around my area? just curious for some places i havent explored yet.

I was down in Vancouver for a year, almost all of 02, Portland prior to that. I wheeled TSF mostly.

TRNDRVR lived in Vancouver for what, 15 years Dan? Then he defected to UT.

If you've been in Vancouver for a while, you should know Kevin Kunz?

dellstopjeep said:

I live in Vancouver WA. I am not a paying member yet, I need to save for a lift and tires so I can actually go wheeling, but the pot is growing. Where locally is there to go legally? What is the terrain typically like? I have been trying to decide if it is better to set up for mud or rocks on the local trails? I moved here from Hood River, there are a ton of fire roads there that even a stock Cherokee can do well on, they go for miles and miles and you will rarely see anyone.

hards91xj said:
Tahuya trip was agood one. Did you get your number yet? Be seeing ya again....

Yep, I'm 748.

I am already wanting to go out today...

It was a good time and I think I can convince Kim and the girls to come out again.

to Armaggeadon.......... in vancouver there isnt much. you can go to larch mountain and i heard there is a trail there. I have gone to jones creek a couple of times up near camas on highway 500. Its a orv park but theres some good hill climbs and such. I hear the woodland flats have a good trail to. Someone told me the other day that behing lumbermans in hazel dell if u know what im talkin about there is a real good trail that he gets his truck with 40's stuck in. I will be checkin it out tuesday.

And to everyone else... who is kevin kunz and what does his jeep look like. I have seen many lifted jeeps in the couv but dont know anyone that drives them. what i do have to do is go take a pic of this girl i knows neighbors xj. It has like 20 inches of lift and big a** meats. I drop my jaw everytime i see it while everyone else just rolls there eyest at me and say why would anyone do it.... guess there not into jeeps.

lone ranger

Hey don't worry about being the only person from an area. I'm pretty sure i'm from the goldendale/bickleton area (if you can find it). theres good easy trails to run around here, but I prefer the naches/chinook pass areas. Fun to run, and nice and quiet, beautiful scenery. Been through hood river a time or two, used to play hoops against Lyle and Klickitat and those guys. I bought my lift and shocks, now I need to actually ship my jeep home so I can put the stuff on, then buy my SYE so that can go on. Anyhows, if you guys got any questions, just ask. I gotta go back to working on helicopters and glaring at Iraqis!

Kristen

Back