• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Defrost

NHXJer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey All:

On my 88 Limited the rear hatch window has defrost, but the wire-mesh lines that run up either side of the window have been pulled off. I went to a junkyard and grabbed a pair from another XJ - they pulled right off the window very easily.

My question is - what's the best way to attach them to my window? I was thinking solder them, but I suck at it and when I pulled them off the other Jeep, they didn't appear to be soldered, but rather "glued" on.

Is there such a thing as a conductive glue or epoxy? Duct tape? :)

Thanks,
Chris

As a matter of fact, there is - it's the stuff in those little kits you can buy to repair the traces (usually it's epoxy with silver mixed in). I'd imagine that one or two repair kits would have all the material you'd need to attach the replacement wires. Just be careful that you get good contact between the two sides, or you'll have to pull them off and do it again.

Rob

Chris, Ill check tomorrow at work I think i might have a used backglass for you with them still on it. If I do, Ill bring it up with the carpet.

Peter

Chris,
I got a back window for you thats in goog shape. Ill bring it up tomorrow. I sent you a PM on NEOW about the details.
Peter

Back