• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seal/welding header

BIG98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Very tight on money right now, I have located the leak on my headers, how should I got about sealing this? Guess the muffler dude was right when talking to him about 6months ago, if they arent leaking now, they will soon! What have yall done to solve this problem, wann get some banks, but pockets are damn near empty!

I just had the whole left side of my motor off to fix the forward stud and found all the cracks in my manifold. being short on time and cash I just had mine welded and it seems to be holding up fine. I suspect it will probably crack again within the next year. I will then pony up for a new header or at least a better OEM manifold.

Kenny
1987 & 2000XJ

You might try one of those exhaust repair kits on it. Auto parts stores sell them, and they're basically a high temperature epoxy that seals the cracks. If you can reach the crack with your hand, it'd be easy to apply. This would only be a temporary fix, however.

That epoxy lasted about 1.2 seconds. I have a huge crack in the two into one pipe. I put tons of that epoxy and let it dry accordingly. As soon as I turned the ignition I heard the exhaust leaking. I haven't had the time to pull the headers but it looks like a bear. BTW, what is necessary to remove the intake manifold (fuel lines etc)?
Ben

Back