• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my TDS Safari Reg!

Hopefully this will be my first year!!!

I'll be there for sure...AGAIN!! :D :D How about an NAXJA run? ;)

Maybe a stop by the campfire or a Sunday run.

We normally do our own run on sunday! Fun stuff! :D

hinkley

Just a question, do you guys actully do the marked course or go out and do your own thing? Last time I was sitting in line forever. Or is the trick to put your Jeep in line the night before so that way your at the front of the lines all day?

Renegade Jpr said:
Just a question, do you guys actully do the marked course or go out and do your own thing? Last time I was sitting in line forever. Or is the trick to put your Jeep in line the night before so that way your at the front of the lines all day?

It varies from year to year but putting your jeep out at midnight will help your day of wheeling.

hinkley

Hmmmmm.... while Truckhaven is like no other I don't really enjoy try'n to wheel with afew thousand other yeahoos... I do enjoy watch'n all the chaos from atop afew of the hills & some of those amazing buggies/rigs playing in the crevases, seeing the technology & the vendor area...
To all you TDS vets. has anyone gone to the "sheep tanks" & how do you get there.
See Ya !!
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

I'll defintly be going again. Last year Bill Burge and I managed to get ahead of the whole group somehow by making a wrong turn somewhere. So we ended just going out on the trail with just the 2 of us.

I must ask..what the heck are the "sheep tanks" !?!? I have only been to TDS once so please inform me ;) :D

Renegade Jpr said:
I must ask..what the heck are the "sheep tanks" !?!? I have only been to TDS once so please inform me ;) :D

I've been there for years and have never heard of it! :D

hinkley

I'll be working that weekend, so I won't be going. But, I'll be in Parker the weekend before and in Panamint the weekend after. :)

I've never been to TDS. It's a pretty long drive for me but I have to get down there at least once to see what it's like. You all have a good time.

T.D.S.= From what I understand is one of (if not) the largest weekend events in the country...E.J.S. volume in a 2 day event...AMAZING rigs... LOTS! of rigs & people a large raffle. The Sheep Tanks were offered as a Sunday trip afew years ago, from what I understand you could wheel up near them & then you had to hike in aways I was short on time so I had to pass... I was wondering who had been there & weather it was worth the hike.
Ask when you register to see if anyone knows of it.
I've got to work but might try to get one day off to go down & watch.
See Ya !
Curt (aka Xtreme XJ)

RyanSullivan said:
I'll defintly be going again. Last year Bill Burge and I managed to get ahead of the whole group somehow by making a wrong turn somewhere. So we ended just going out on the trail with just the 2 of us.

I SWEAR! We did not take a wrong turn. We just got on the trail pretty early (I was like the 40th vehicle in line, and let Ryan cut in) and kept on goin!!!!

As I explained to the checkpoint guy (who's CP we got ahead of him) "we're used to freeway speeds..."

I may go this year. I got my Reg - last year was my first. I may want to camp somewhere else. We were REAL close to the vendor tents ad it was like trying to sleep in the middle of the freeway - not to mention the drunk, dumass jerks playing Eminem all night Saturday... Like my 12 year old son needed that...

bburge

Renegade Jpr said:

Last year I got in line at about 6AM - was in the top 50 vehicles.

bburge

I'll be droping my truck off in line the night before. I also gave up on the camping, too many damn drunks at night. Im staying at a hotel in Indio, its nice to have heating, a bed, shower and TV after a long day's worth of wheel'n.

The problem with that is that they don't establish the "line up spot" until after midnight on Friday - and they don't tell you where it's at (though there's only a few places in the immediate area that will support such a line).

Then you have to drive around until you find a heap with a "Trail Leader" sign on it (and usually a line of cars behind it).

Up early is probably still your best bet.

bburge

Back